Saturday, December 22, 2007

German Memory in Asia - A Discussion With German-Spanish Student

Aquarius resort's indoor stadium was flooded by visitors for an unusual event, the German university student's fashion show.

When I was moving around I found there were some students struggling with their own make-up to make it match their dresses and to gain a right balance. They were bothering so much for a mere fashion show. I wondered how participants in a world beauty contest would care over their attire and make-up.

The lights were switched off other than a few red lights. The students were making elegant body movements and gestures just like what one sees at fashion show. They were dancing and singing at times to some melodious German songs.

Once the fashion show was over, I extended my congratulations to Nita who had performed so excellently. While I was talking to her, she related some stories and said that her mother was a German and father a Spanish.

She asked me whether I had heard of Valencia and when I said "No", her face darkened and asked me repeatedly "you never heard about Valencia?" Then she asked after a brief pause whether I heard about "Barcelona" and when I said "of course yes", she smiled and said just north of Barcelona was her father's native place "Valencia". "Do you know how beautiful that Mediterranean city is?" and continued, "I like Valencia very much" and narrated the historical importance of Valencia. Her narration was expressive of the love she bore towards her father and his land of birth.

No comments:

German university students donate a boat and engine to an affected fisherman.





Germans university students with Dietmar Doering (centre) at Marawila beach.